Saturday, July 21, 2007

More on Fear and Anxiety

A woman is terrified of going to the supermarket.

A man loses sleep over being evaluated at his job.

A jazz singer is terrorized by her pending success.

It can be crippling and terrifying. And it´s the third largest mental health care problem in the world.

What is going on behind our fears and anxieties?

Today on Thinking with Somebody Else´s Head, we´ll take another look at this important social health concern.

First, an announcement, especially for my Canadian listeners to this Podcast. I´ll be in Canada over the next couple of weeks visiting family and friends. If you´re in the Victoria/Vancouver area drop me an e-mail. I´d love to get together with any who are interested in talking about Norberto Keppe´s work. rich@richjonesvoice.com

If you´re in the Greater Toronto area, I´ll be giving a lecture for any who want to know more about Keppe´s important discoveries and how they can help you in all aspects of your life. Loyal listeners to Thinking with Somebody Else´s Head, Lynne MacDonnell and Jason Coombs have very generously offered their meeting room space. My presentation there will be on Tuesday night, July 31, at 7:00 pm. Lynne is psychotherapist and hypnotherapist in Toronto, and her address is 2489 Bloor St. W., suite 306. Write me if you need more information.

A few weeks ago, I interviewed psychoanalyst, Leo Lima, about fears, panic and phobias. I had a number of responses to that program that prompted me to address the subject again. Lori wrote me from New York City about her claustrophobia and wondered how to get copies of Claudia Pacheco´s book, Healing Through Consciousness, which we mentioned in that program. This is a seminal book about psycho-somatic illness, I can get copies of it for you if you let me know you´re interested. rich@richjonesvoice.com

I´ve invited Markku Lyyra to join me today. Markku´s a Finnish psychoanalyst at Keppe´s International Society of Analytical Trilogy, and he has wide-ranging clinical experience treating clients from Europe and Latin America. He has many practical clinical examples this time to help us get to the bottom of these debilitating problems. Markku gives many lectures on this issue. Let´s explore this important issue more deeply today.

Click here to listen to this episode.

Tags:

No comments: